Dublin Christmas Markets Guide
Every year in November/December, a large amount of organisations in the Greater Dublin area put a huge effort in planning and running Christmas Markets.
From single-day markets to week-long Christmas villages and “Winter Wonderlands”, they secure venues, organise stalls and traders and then hope for lots of appreciating customers. Some of the Christmas Markets are beautiful, others are quite basic. Some are full of atmosphere, others are very commercial.
This website presents them all to you so that you can choose!
Have fun exploring the markets and enjoy the pre-Christmas period!!
The intention is to provide one single website that lists all Christmas Markets and brings the organisers of markets in contact with their audience/customers.
This site is brought to you by the popular “Dublin Event Guide (for Free Events”, a weekly e-mail magazine that informs subscribers about all free events in the Greater Dublin are. More than 24,000 people have subscribed (for free!) already and you can get this great resource for culture lovers in Dublin too. Just subscribe at http://www.DublinEventGuide.com
If you know of a Christmas Market that is not listed on this website, send a mail to email@example.com with the subject “XMAS Market” and we will do our best to add all details.
The main news for Christmas 2016 are:
- There will be NO Christmas Market at St. Stephen’s Green!
- There will be NO Christmas Market in Dame Court!
- There will be NO Christmas Market at George’s Dock (The “I believe in Christmas” market didn’t survive the first year.)
- There will only be a very small Christmas Market in the CHQ Building from 08-23 Dec. It will run from Thu-Sun from 11:00-16:00. This is NOT equivalent to the outdoor market that took place on George’s Dock. It is a small indoor market with significantly earlier closing time in comparison to the George’s Dock market.
- That means that there will be NO outdoor Christmas Market in Dublin in 2016. That is sooo disappointing!
- There will be a number of stalls in Dun Laoghaire stretched along the “Metals” and near the LexiCon, but it can’t have the market atmosphere you would wish for.
- The nearest proper-size Traditional/Continental-type Christmas Market to Dublin is in ……Belfast. :-O